Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A few words from Nigel . . .


I'm Nigel and I'm looking for my forever home. As you can tell from my pictures, I'm quite handsome and distinguished. I'm also very gentle, loving, and sweet-natured. I've heard people who don't know me well say that I can be "aloof" at times. I guess I can be somewhat reserved. But I'm NOT that way with the people I love - just with strangers and people that I don't know well. If you think about it, that's kind of a good thing, right? If you adopted me, would you really want me to greet everyone with the same enthusiasm and love that I greet you with? Wouldn't that make you feel ordinary and just a little less special?? Remember that although I might be reserved with strangers, I will always reserve the full expression of my love and devotion for my forever family.

I guess you're wondering how such an interesting fellow like myself ended up in rescue. To be honest, I'm still wondering the same thing! One day I was turned over to an animal control facility. I don't like to talk about the experience much. It was scary and I felt like I was in trouble, but I didn't understand what I had done wrong. It just didn't make sense. I was very happy when the people from BTRGH came to get me and take me away. Let's face it, I'm much too sophisticated for animal control!

A wonderful lady named Pam took me home with her one day and I lived in a real house for a long time. It was so nice and I was so happy there with my foster mom. I enjoyed all the time we spent together very much. She even took me on trips with her. I'm a well-travelled Boston Terrier! See, I told you I was sophisticated!!
Recently my foster mom found out that she had to move very far away out of town. I was sad that she had to go, but I'll always be grateful to her for all that she did for me. She took such good care of me and I was so lucky to have the chance to get to know her. Thanks Pam! You made a world of difference to me and I hope you know that I'll always love you and I hope to see you again one day.

If you're looking for a calm, quiet, and very lovable Boston Terrier to share your life with, please consider adopting me. I would make a wonderful companion for a settled couple or individual. If you think you would like to adopt me, please click on my picture to complete an application.

No comments: